Monday, February 07, 2011

Even if you have limited options, you always have choice.

A lot of people I know like to chat the mantra 'I have no choice' to which I often reply, 'you may have limited options, but you always have choice.'

You see, whenever we say 'I don't have a choice' we're really giving our power away to someone or something else. Some people are afraid to take responsibility, or want to be able to blame someone else later or genuinely believe they are powerless.

Now that doesn't mean that the choice is easy, or that there aren't huge risks associated with that choice. Life comes with consequences. But, but, but... We are still the ones who make the choice.

And yes, yes, yes... I know that thoughts of the criminally insane and hostile third world countries are dancing in your head right now. Sure THEY don't have a choice!

Yeah, sorry, they do.

Their choices may not make sense to us; or may violate the core of our moral being... But choices are made.

I'm not talking about Right vs Wrong, Good vs Evil; I'm talking about the Power of Choice... Something that we all have.

And let's face it, you're thinking about the insane and imprisoned so that you can justify not making your own choices, right?

If you're insane or imprisoned, you're probably not reading this, so I'm talking to YOU... The one who has a sense of Rightness and Goodness and can make Choices, even when others disagree.

So YOU, what's it gonna be? Are you going to continue choosing to not choose... Or are you going to take back your power?

I'll leave that choice up to you.

Keep the light on!
(Which is my choice!!)
GuruStu

No comments: