Friday, March 04, 2011

If you can Explain it, you haven't fully Experienced it.

Have you ever had a moment that 'took your breath away'? One where words just couldn't do it justice?

Then you know what I'm talking about.

Experience is such a deeply personal thing; and even when we 'share' an experience together, we still experience it as only we can.

It's part of the magic of Life; to be felt with more than our language and preconceived notions of how it is supposed to be.

Language is so limiting, don't you think? I mean, even now, you're only getting a fraction of what I mean. Your experience of THIS MOMENT comes to you through your understanding of THESE WORDS... stripped of all the other stuff that I couldn't explain... leaving YOU to fill in the gaps.

(Now that's pretty awesome too, if you think about it, but that's not where I mean to go with this, soooo.....)

When I was younger, I was shown a much different form of communication beyond language. Language was like a tiny thread compared to the broad band that I experienced. Not only was it going from 'Not Knowing' to "Knowing' in an instant; it carried with it the emotional meaning, as well as the context and intention of the sender. (Let's just say it was pretty awesome!)

You see, here I am 'explaining it' but if you and I would communicate like THAT, there'd be no need for me to say it like THIS.

What it did for me though, was to open myself up to all the communication that Life has to offer. The sun, the moon and stars... the trees and rivers and rocks... teh birds and fishes... everything communicates like this.

It's just up to us to let them.

So without further explanation, I bid you adieu... and remind you to always...

Keep the light on!
GuruStu

No comments: